How Strategy Games Are Taking the Internet by Storm
If you haven’t been living under a rock for the last few years, you must have come across strategy games on the internet. These games have been around for a few years now, and over the course of time, they have only increased in popularity. People in all age groups and from all geographical areas have endorsed these games, and their soaring popularity has encouraged many indie game developers to develop games of the strategy genre.
So, what makes strategy games popular? Is it the graphics or the rush they provide? Here are the main reasons for their immense popularity:
Easy Access to Myriad Strategy Games
Gone are the days when you needed to insert a physical disc to install games on your PC. Today online games are easy to play on the web as well as easy to download and play on the mobile. Strategy games are mostly streamed over the internet today, which makes the games technically far superior to the limited world that existed within the physical discs of yesteryears.
Strategy games of today are endless worlds with a variety of characters and countless missions, thanks to regular map and mission updates of the games by game developers, providing players with a much richer experience.
More Bang for the Buck
How do people invest in games? How do strategy games provide value for money? Let’s take a look:
1. Most of the highest-ranking strategy games are either subscription-based or players need to pay a certain amount upfront to own the games.
2. Since the gaming worlds are seemingly endless, the amount one needs to spend to own or play these games is miniscule in view of the overall experience they offer.
3. Players can at times buy in-game items to personalize their characters or buy merchandise to make their in-game worlds better customized to their needs.
Not Limited to Veteran Gamers Only
What are major strategy games? Who can play strategy games? These are very common questions people have, as many people are not sure whether not so experienced players can play awesome strategy games. When one talks about top strategy games in general, games like DOTA, Battle Nations and Conqueror’s Blade come to mind first. These games, traditionally designed for hardcore gamers, are not for people who don’t like playing games that involve training armies and taking them to war.
However, the genre is not meant only for people who are into hardcore gaming. Can casual gamers play strategy games? Of course, they can. Here’s how:
1. Card games like Rummy, Poker and Blackjack also belong to the genre of strategy games.
2. You don’t require extensive training to play card games like Rummy, Poker and Blackjack.
3. Millions of players, including lots of newcomers, are today hooked to card games and are battling it out in a different war zone requiring as sharp skills minus the weapons.
4. Card games often carry rewards in the form of cash prizes, which adds a lot more thrill to the overall experience and makes them immensely popular.
So, if you are one of those people who love playing card games, you too can push it up a notch and join multiplayer gaming platforms to prove your mettle against thousands of players.
Can Be Played On the Go
Strategy games can be enjoyed any time anywhere. Let’s see how:
1. If you are a true gaming fan and would love to take your strategy games with you wherever you go, you can easily do that using your smartphone now and play your favorite games on the smartphone on the go.
2. Those superior graphics you see in PC games are designed to run equally well on your mobile devices too.
3. With mobiles getting more and more powerful, mobile gaming is set to surpass even PC gaming and console gaming in the future, which is why companies such as Nvidia are busy designing handheld consoles that can run games that would traditionally require a high-end PC
4. As gaming evolves, we will most likely see even casual card-based free strategy games such as Rummy, Poker, and Blackjack go through big changes in their overall appearance and user experience.
5. Once 3D technology allowing you to play without the glasses becomes easily available, gaming experience will be a lot better, and it’s only obvious that it will make playing strategy games on the mobile even more popular.
Strategy games are coming in big time and giving fierce competition to other genres, as they challenge one’s mind and push one to devise new and creative ways to solve complex challenges. So, the next time you are in the mood to have some fun, get that phone out of your pocket and start playing best strategy games like Rummy!